Saturday, October 20, 2007

Repairs are done!

It has been a costly exercise - the electrican had a lot of work to do to not only repair the damage by the small fire, but there was a lot more wiring to do, and we've had a new switchbox and new lights added at the same time.

We are still throwing away lots of flowers damaged by the Rutherglen Bug, and we still have to spray several times a week, but already the blooms are improving. At least we have enough for our florists, and this week we gained one new customer which is good.

Today I took some time to give the plants a haircut - we go through the hot house with hedge clippers and cut off the excess foliage that hangs over the pots into the aisles. Later, when I have time I will do a good de leafing, to ensure that the sunlight easily gets to the crown of the plant.

When there is excess foliage the bugs hide under the leaves,and it takes longer to get rid of them. But deleafing is a very timeconsuming and back breaking job, and quite disheartening as one is never finished. When you get to the end, you discover that the leaves have started to grow back again.

I took a bucket of flowers to our Bayside Women in Business Luncheon yesterday and most folk took several bunches home. FREE.

We enjoy giving them away - it certainly brightens people's faces!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya im new to this, I stumbled upon this chat board I find It exceedingly accommodating & it has helped me out tons. I hope to contribute & assist others like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Around