Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gerberas and greeting cards.

Gerbera flowers on cards are becoming quite popular – just as the flowers are one of the most popular cut flowers in the world. As an avid Gerbera lover I collect cards with Gerberas on them, as well as wrapping paper, gift bags, gift cards and fancy paper with Gerbera flowers.

Most of the cards I collect have no writing inside – they are blank which means I can use them for anything – from “get well”, “happy birthday”, "happy anniversary" or other greetings. With most I include a handwritten note, however, I can create something on my computer, print it out and insert it into the card. I need more time to do this – so as I am very busy I find it easier to do the hand written note – though I choose special pens to write the message. I have a collection of fountain pens that I enjoy using, or for special occasions I use gold or silver ink pens.

One of my favourite papers is one with Gerbera flowers – I’m not sure what it is called but it is opaque, with fine gerbera flowers imprinted on the paper – and looks very smart on a hand made card created as a special invitation – e.g. wedding, anniversary party or similar.

The wonderful range of papers that are now available are amazing – so much that I can spend hours and many dollars in a paper shop. Much of the paper I have stored (safely) for future use. You never know what might appear for celebrations of our 40th wedding anniversary!

Wouldn't it be great to make it to a 50th Anniversary (my parent's did), which of curse is the Golden Wedding Anniversary.

No comments: