Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gerberas in Shanghai

I was thrilled when in China to see so many Gerberas in flower shops and they were used considerably in flower arrangements. But this story really fascinates me.

When MM was arranging accomodation in Shanghai - I was completing my contract in the college in China and we were to spend one week in Shanghai. MM had travelled to meet me there.

I remember the first time I saw the Gerberas they were on the breakfast table. Just one flower in an interesting vase. Then I noticed them on the reception desk in an arrangement, and later, in a "watermark" in the menu in the restaurant. In fact Gerberas were featured throughout the apartments - and it was a strange feeling to try and comprehend how this coincidence happened.

Of all the flowers in China, how extra ordinary!

I would recommend the apartments for anyone wishing to stay in Shanghai. It was great to have a little space, rather than be cooped up in a small hotel room. We actually had two bedrooms, a lovely kitchen which we didn't use (there were no plates, cutlery, or other utensils so not much point! Even a teaspoon to stir coffee would have been nice!)

There was a good heated pool, a rather nice restaurant with good breakfasts and meals throughout the day, and best of all, it was not far from the Nanjing Walking Street and the centre of Shanghai.

For more information on the hotel and to book, click here.

No comments: